Sunday, February 9, 2014

OTD 2011: The Getaway Plan

The Getaway Plan


February 9, 2012

The Getaway Plan played at Capitol, in Perth, supported by Tonight Alive.

I actually got kicked out for shooting this gig! The bands' promoters contacted the publication I shoot for to ASK them to send a photographer, my name was on the door (and thus I was allowed in with my professional camera).. but one of the bouncers decided I wasn't supposed to be there. Since the site I shoot for doesn't provide us with printed press credentials of any description, and the venue didn't issue press/photo passes at the door (because you don't NEED them there.. if you're allowed to shoot there, they allow you entry with your camera).. a pointless argument ensued, and I was asked to leave. I'd already gotten all the shots I needed, and arguing with stubborn security staff is far too much effort, so I just put away my camera and disappeared into the crowd.

Tonight Alive

Tonight Alive

The Getaway Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips